GEA Global Geothermal Showcase and Forum
GEA Global Geothermal Showcase and Forum
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, Washington, DC
Friday, May 21, 2010
Special thanks to our Gold Level Sponsor: Pratt, Whitney Power Systems
To view the preliminary draft agenda
please click here.
GEA would like to say a special thanks to the sponsors of the Global Geothermal Showcase and Forum. To view sponsors, please click here.
With any questions, please feel free to email Kathy Kent at email@example.com. For media credentials, please contact Garret Drexler at 646-695-7042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
GEA will be holding a one-day “Global Geothermal Showcase and Forum” in Washington, DC. The program seeks to showcase geothermal projects and governmental policies in the U.S. and around the world. There will also be a small exhibition area featuring exhibitors to date; GEA, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of Energy, Potter Drilling, Perma Works, Energent Corporation, Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center and our Gold Level Sponsor Pratt & Whitney Power Systems. Geothermal Energy is finally being recognized as part of the US' energy future, now we would like to help policy makers understand that geothermal energy is a global market with serious potential to help address global environmental and climate problems
This event has been developed in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Commerce and is open to the geothermal industry. The Global Geothermal Showcase and Forum will be widely attended with two-hundred industry leaders, foreign diplomats, financiers and government officials expected to participate.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jay Nathwani, Acting Program Manager, U.S. Department of Energy Geothermal Technologies Program
- Chris Miller, Senior Advisor to Senator Harry Reid
- Allyson Anderson, Professional Staff, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- James M. Kiiru, Commercial Attache, Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
- Karl Gawell, Executive Director, Geothermal Energy Association
- Nick Goodman, CEO, Raser Technologies
- Jim Slutz, Director, North America, Star Energy
- Halley Dickey, Director of Geothermal Business Development, TAS
- Bob Manasse, Vice President of Business Development, Enel North America
- Lou Capuano, Jr., CEO, ThermaSource, LLC
- Jonathan Weisgall, VP, Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co.
- C.J. Arrigo, Director, Glacier Partners Corp.
- Jim Echols, Project Acquisition Manager, Magma Energy Corporation
- George Alcorn, CEO, Universal GeoPower
- Josh Nordquist, Project Manager, Ormat Technologies
- Charles Baron, Geothermal Program Lead, Climate and Energy Team, Google.org
- Bernie Karl, Owner, Chena Hot Springs
- Dr. Jefferson Tester, Croll Professor of Sustainable Energy Systems, Cornell University
- Brian O’Hanlon, International Trade Specialist, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Mark Taylor, Lead Analyst, CCS and Geothermal, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Kerry McDonald, West Indies Power
- Mike Ronzello, North American Sales and Business Development Manger, Pratt & Whitney Power Systems
- Randy Normann, CTO, Perma Works LLC
- Kermit Witherbee, National Geothermal Program Manager, Bureau of Land Management
- Stuart Johnson, Vice President of Geothermal Resources, Ram Power
- Brian Fairbank, President/CEO, Nevada Geothermal Power
- Alexander Richter, Director, Sustainable Energy, Corporate & Investment Banking, Islandsbanki
- Alexandra McCann, Business Initiatives Specialist, Export-Import Bank
- Magnus Gehringer, Senior Energy Specialist, The World Bank
- Carol Werner, Executive Director, Environmental and Energy Study Institute
- Roy Mink, Board of Directors, US Geothermal, Inc.
- Martin O. Saar, Assistant Professor, Gibson Chair in Hydrogeology and Geofluids, University of Minnesota
- Dimitrios Zevgolis, GEF Secretariat, Global Environmental Facility
- Marissa Cerezo, OIC Assistant Director, Philippines Department of Energy
- Philippe Dumas, Manager, European Geothermal Energy Council
- Diana Rossiter, Country Manager, Southeast Asia, USTDA
- Duncan Cole , Consul General and Trade Commissioner, Australian Trade Commission
- Friday, May 21, 2010
- 7:30 am Registration
- 9:00 am – 1:15 pm Morning Session
- 1:15 – 2:00 pm Luncheon
- 2:00 – 5:00 pm Afternoon Session
The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC, USA
GEA would also like to say a special thanks to the U.S. Department of Energy and U.S. Department of Commerce for their support. Also a special thanks to our other Global Geothermal Showcase and Forum sponsors; Northern California Power Agency, Enel Green Power/Enel North America, Halliburton, GeothermEx, Raser Technologies and Ram Power. Also special thanks to our Supporting Organization and Media Partner the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center.