GEA Honors 2013
GEA Seeks Entries for the Best in Geothermal
Download GEA Honors nomination application here.
Fillable PDF version / Word version
The purpose of GEA Honors is to recognize individuals and companies that have made significant contributions to the development of the geothermal industry. The Geothermal Energy Association (GEA), along with its member companies, has formed the GEA Honors award program to showcase the most inspiring developments in the geothermal industry.
Nominations are currently being accepted for the awards program. An application may be submitted for more than one award category. This year, awards will be given to GEA member companies in the following categories:
- Technological Advancement - Awarded to an individual or company that has developed a new, innovative, or pioneering technology to further geothermal development.
- Environmental Stewardship - Awarded to individual or company that has fostered outstanding environmental stewardship through the use of geothermal systems. This award will be presented in conjunction with the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI).
- Economic Development - Awarded to an individual or company that has made a substantial contribution to the development of local, regional, or national markets through the development of geothermal systems.
- Special Recognition - Other nominations will be accepted for special recognition of individuals and companies for outstanding achievement in the geothermal industry. These awards are open to both GEA Members, and non-member companies and individuals.
- Candidates for GEA Honors Awards may be nominated by anyone. To nominate an individual or company for outstanding achievement in 2012 and 2013 for consideration for the 2013 Honors, please fill out an application (Download fillable PDF / Word versions of the application).
Please submit your final application via email to Kathy Kent at email@example.com or fax to 202.454.5265.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 6, 2013.
- Nominations will be evaluated and voted on by a committee of the GEA Board members. Nominations for the Environmental Stewardship award will also be evaluated in conjunction with the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI).
- 2013 GEA Honors Award finalists will be announced in conjunction with the GEA Geothermal Energy Expo in Las Vegas, NV.
Criteria for Award Selection:
- Involvement in the industry
- Contributions to the development and promotion of the industry
- Leadership and success
- Innovative use or furthering of industry resources
- Positive overall environmental footprint: air/water/land protection
- Community engagement and education
- Creation of jobs