GEA Honors 2015
The purpose of GEA Honors is to recognize individuals and companies that have made significant contributions to the development of the geothermal industry. The Geothermal Energy Association (GEA), along with its member companies, has formed the GEA Honors award program to showcase the most inspiring developments in the geothermal industry.
GEA Honors awards will be given to GEA Member Companies in the following categories:
- Technological Advancement - Awarded to an individual or company that has developed a new, innovative, or pioneering technology to further geothermal development.
- Economic Development- Awarded to an individual or company that has made a substantial contribution to the development of local, regional, or national markets through the development of geothermal systems.
Other nominations will be accepted for special recognition of individuals and companies for outstanding achievement in the geothermal industry. These awards are open to both GEA Members, and non-member companies and individuals. New this year, Environmental Stewardship will be open to both GEA Members, and non-members.
- Environmental Stewardship- Awarded to individual or company that has fostered outstanding environmental stewardship through the use of geothermal systems.
- Candidates for GEA Honors Awards may be nominated by anyone including the nominee themselves. To nominate an individual or company for outstanding achievement in 2014 and 2015 and consideration for the 2015 Honors, please fill out application. You may print out and email to email@example.com or fax to 202.454.5265.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 15, 2015.
- Nominations will be evaluated and voted on by a committee of the GEA Board members.
- Upon selection, an Honoree will be presented with an Award at an Awards Ceremony as part of the National Geothermal Summit 2015, on June 3rd in Reno, NV.
Criteria for Award Selection:
- Involvement in the industry
- Contributions to the development and promotion of the industry
- Leadership and success
- Innovative use or furthering of industry resources
- Positive overall environmental footprint: air/water/land protection
- Community engagement and education
- Creation of jobs